This workshop aims at identifying issues pertinent to the representation of women in scientific and engineering careers, dissecting challenges in nurturing female talent, and identifying strategies for retaining it. The event will take place in the form of a panel, bringing together leaders from academia and industry, and engaging them in a dynamic discussion with the audience. The status of women in the field of optical networking and photonics will be discussed as a sample of the situation in a concrete engineering area.
Some of the questions we will try to answer include:
- What are the main causes of female talent drain from industry and research centers?
- Are existing equality-oriented policies enough?
- How to transform the widely adopted image of a scientist as a male?
- How to strengthen female mentorship?
- What is the current status of women in research on optical networking and photonics?
- Carmen Vazquez, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Lena Wosinska, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Jelena Pesic, Nokia, France
- Achim Autenrieth, ADVA, Germany
ONDM 2021 will host several other workshops. Visit the complete list of workshops for more information.
ONDM 2021 will also feature an interactive and dynamic program comprising keynotes, tutorials, and invited talks, as well as high-quality contributed talks, ONDM 2021 will serve as a platform to divulge into hot and emerging areas of optical networking. Visit our programme page for more information.
The ONDM 2021 registration is free for attendees and includes access to all workshops, keynote speeches, tutorial talks, technical sessions, special events, and conference proceedings, and recorded presentations for which the presenting author has granted permission. Visit our registration page and register today!